These green beans are some of my favorite things in a dish: easy to make, healthy to eat, tastes amazing, and ready in less than 30 minutes. What more can you ask for of a side dish??
They’re a great recipe to keep in your back pocket for all kinds of meals. If I ever need a veggie for a dinner party, this is an easy win. They make a perfect holiday side dish – I’ve made it for Thanksgiving the past two years. Bonus because they add a little bit of healthiness to your plate!
Slice the shallots thin, and dice garlic.
Add the shallots to a hot pan of melted butter & oil.
After 2 minutes, add the garlic.
Once the shallots are softened, add green beans. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or so.
Let them cook uncovered for another minute or two to cook off any excess liquid.
It’s that easy! Based on this recipe, with my own adjustments.
SAUTEED GREEN BEANS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Slice the shallots thin and dice garlic. Melt the butter on medium high heat in a large pan, then add olive oil.
- When nearly smoking, add the shallots. After two minutes, add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the sting beans and chicken broth, making sure to coat the beans well and mix everything thoroughly. Bring everything up to a boil then allow to simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- The green beans should be cooked but still have a bit of crunch. Cook off any remaining liquid uncovered for another minute.
These should take 30 minutes or less, which is definitely a plus for any side dish!
What are your favorite go to side dishes??
all images copyright Teaspoon of Nose