Sometimes you need uncomplicated food. A meal that’s tasty and not elaborate, that warms you up from the inside. That’s the strength of the baked bean casserole. Ground beef and baked beans with an almost barbecue sauce, dotted with bacon. While it’s not the most Pinterest perfect of dishes, it’s hearty and filling and irresistably good. This casserole is simple, good food.
Good for doubling and freezing half: I’m SUCH a big fan of this. Makes future dinners so much easier!
Ingredients: nothing too complicated.
Start with bacon!
Next, brown the beef and diced onion.
When the meat & onions are cooked, add everything else and crumble the bacon on top.
Mix well and transfer to a baking dish. You can use a 9×13, or something slightly smaller if you want – depth may adjust the cooking time.
Bake until bubbly and serve!
Baked Bean Casserole
- 3 strips bacon
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 diced onions
- 31 oz can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brown the bacon and set aside. For this type of recipe, I like to do it on the crispy side. Set aside.
- Brown the ground beef & saute onions in a large skillet.
- Crumble the bacon into the beef, then add the rest of the ingredients. If freezing, do it here.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes, until bubbling and starting to brown on top.
What’s your favorite meal in one?
The links above contain affiliate links, which means I get a few cents (at no extra cost to you) if you book or buy something via that link. This helps me keep costs down and posts up! All images copyright Teaspoon of Nose.